The scope of our work focuses on BI design and development, Data modelling and Data Managment.
Including the following aspects:
BI Design and Development
- Data warehouse architecture and design
- Dimensional (Kimball) modelling, and extended data models more specifically +çfor SSAS and Power BI
- BI Development using Microsoft stack - SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI and Azure.
- Applications development using .NET Core (model generation opions) - benefits of rapid (model generation) development, ease of database interaction, and scaleability
- For simpler web applications using Wordpress (and PHP) with XAMP (open source, easy to use)
- The range of modelling approaches including Entity-relationship, UML, conceptual, logical, physical, enterprise, common and dimensional models
- BI data modelling including Kimball dimensional, and also extended models e.g. including hierarchies
- Agile and just enough models. Modelling for big data scenarios.
- Tools used Data Architect (IBM), SQL Data Modeler (Oracle), Erwin
- Governance, and Data Strategy fundamentals
- Data as an asset, its quality, integrity, and life cycle management
- Common data model, data area ownership, and governance roles e.g. data owner, steward, and custodian
- Master data management, and data services
- Data Catalogues for mapping and tracking data, including Personal data manageemnt (for GDPR legal requirements)